Table of Contents
Portable generators were once considered necessary items for only those living the camping lifestyle, working on construction sites, or operating with subpar power supplies at home.
Today, however, the country has recognized the value of being able to keep your family safe and comfortable during unforeseen power outages and natural disasters. Additionally, generators give fairgrounds operators, food truck workers, and more the peace of mind that comes from knowing they have access to a reliable power source.
Westinghouse WGen7500 7500-Watt Gasoline Portable Generator Review
Leading the Westinghouse brand in durability and power, the Westinghouse WGen7500 Portable Gas Generator is the successor of the incredibly popular Westinghouse WH7500E and offers everything you need to power your home, RV, and campsite. It consistently ranks as one of the best portable generators on the market.
Before we dive into the specifics of the WGen7500, it’s important to understand what an inverter generator is. Essentially, a typical (or traditional) generator will always run at full speed and deliver raw power directly from an alternator. Inverter generators vary their engine speed in relation to your power needs. Additionally, inverter generators produce their electrical output in a 3-step computer-controlled process.
What does this mean for you? It boils down to a more lightweight, quieter, and more fuel-efficient generator that will run longer with less gasoline or propane.
The Westinghouse WGen7500 checks all the boxes when it comes to power, durability, safety, convenience, and eco-friendliness.
|Remote starting capabilities allow you to start and stop your machine from up to 250 feet away||4-stroke OHV engine delivers exceptional power in a compact appliance||EPA and CARB emissions compliant||All outlets have rubber covers that prevent damage and injury|
|11 hour run time (on a 6.6-gallon fuel tank) ensures you can set it and forget it while you work||A long-lasting cast iron sleeve protects your family and your appliance.||Legal for sale in all 50 states||Each generator is functionally tested to prove minimal residual odor|
|A Digital VFT readout with an hour meter lets you easily track times and stay on top of maintenance intervals||Includes 2 GFC! (ground fault circuit interrupter), 5-20R 120V Household Duplex receptacle and one L14-30R 120/240V twist-lock receptacle||Automatic low oil shutdown settings prevent overheating and fires|
Each generator comes with a remote start key fob, a 12-volt battery charger, oil for the tank, an oil funnel, a tool kit, and a user’s manual that answers all setup and usage questions. Customers also have access to a nationally-acclaimed nationwide customer service network for assistance at any hour.
Westinghouse 7500 Features
- A 420CC engine that produces four strokes per revolution and allows for improved efficiency.
- A push-button remote start function that allows you to start or stop your generator from up to 260 feet away.
- An intelligent design that keeps the working parts of the engine underneath the cover to eliminate the chance of accidental injuries.
- An under-the-hood enclosure that prevents storm damage to electrical components and connections.
- Four outlets that twist for ease of use compliment 4 non-movable outlets to give you the ability to power everything you need, regardless of where cords need to run.
- An exceptionally long running time allows you to keep your campsite or RV running overnight without concern.
- Smart Switch readiness means that your portable generator will automatically start once the power in your home goes off. But please note that the Westinghouse ST Switch is sold separately.
For its price, the Westinghouse WGen7500 comes with several bells and whistles you won’t find in other models. From safety covers on outlets, never-flat wheels, and engine protection to automatic shut off and remote start capabilities; the Wgen7500 offers incredible value for the amount you’ll spend.
|Tank Capacity||6.6 gal.|
|Max. Runtime||11 hours|
|Dimensions||27.2″ x 26.1″ x 26″|
Pros and Cons
Even though the WGen7500 has received complaints about not fitting into some homes or RVs, the generator has consistently shown itself to be an effective and reliable option for most settings. The fact that it is exceptionally quiet and easy to use makes it uniquely suited for use anywhere without worrying about noise or maintenance — just another reason why it’s a favorite among suburban homeowners.
The enclosed engine parts not only prevent rain from damaging your appliance but make caring for your generator simple — simply wipe down and cover!
A special Pulse-Flo muffler keeps the noise level at a lower volume than most of its competitors’ models. This is especially important if you’re using your Westinghouse WGen7500 to power your home or campsite and don’t want to be disturbed (or disturb your neighboring campers) while running your generator overnight.
- High power output
- Low oil shutoff
- Durable engine
- Digital hour meter
- Long running time
- Tends to be loud
- Relatively heavy steel construction
Westinghouse manages to marry incredible power output with compact design and user-friendliness with its WGen7500 portable gas generator. Priced a little higher than competitor models, it more than makes up for the extra cost with its ability to power multiple home appliances at the same time, built-in safety measures, and unbeatable running time.
Homeowners appreciate the peace of mind that comes from knowing their home and family members are safe and protected during national emergencies. Fairground and campground users rave about the generator’s weatherproof qualities and low noise output. RV adventurers love the ability to take their lives on the road without worrying about finding reliable power sources en route. All in all, the Westinghouse WGen7500 Portable Gas Generator is nothing short of a Jack of All Trades.
Benefits of Portable Generators
- Emergency Power When You Need It: Access to power when you need it can be a matter of life and death – particularly in cases of natural disasters. There are times when you simply can’t afford to be without power (medical emergencies, etc). Additionally, being able to power your fridge, heating and cooling units, and medical devices allows you to keep your family safe and comfortable under any conditions.
- Appliance Backup: We live in a tech-centered world. For good or for bad, nearly all our work and home life needs are met by electrical appliances (work computers, tablets, phones, etc). Being without the ability to charge and use these can result in lost income and grouchy family members.
- Never-Fail Power Tool Capabilities: For those working on a construction site, the need to ensure you can use the power tools you need even in case of electrical outages is critical. Furthermore, the ability to work at night allows job sites to get the job done faster and more efficiently.
- Personal Use: Keeping up with your lifestyle and being able to keep a portable fridge running, medical equipment going, and tablets/computers for work and play charged allows you to enjoy camping, RV trips, and outdoor events that make your life meaningful.
- Preventing Damage to Your Home: One thing people fail to realize ahead of time is that power outages can be costly. This is especially true when you’re away from home and not able to address issues immediately. Many of today’s models are programmed to turn on as soon as power turns off and can save you thousands of dollars in repairs — thereby making every penny spent on the generator worth it.
Once you’ve bought into the benefits of taking control of your own power needs, the question becomes which brand of generators should you invest in. Thankfully, this choice is made easy for you by a brand with 150 years of proven experience behind it — Westinghouse.
Whether you’re a first-time generator buyer or have been using backup power sources for years, Westinghouse has the right generator for you. Finding it is as simple as assessing your needs, your budget, and your lifestyle and finding a model designed specifically to meet those requirements.
Why Choose Westinghouse?
Westinghouse portable generators have earned a reputation for being safe, reliable, and efficient. They have shown time and time again that they do more than pay lip service to their mission of manufacturing “innovative, top-notch” equipment for everyday use.
Westinghouse Electric Corporation
Being in business since 1886, the Westinghouse brand ranks as one of the longest-running electrical appliance companies in the country. Not only does this mean they’ve perfected their craft, but their longevity also ensures you’re enjoying the benefits of proven success.
Check Out More of Our Westinghouse Generator Reviews
The Ultimate Westinghouse WGen9500DF 9500-Watt Dual Fuel Portable Generator Review
Westinghouse iGen4500 Reviews: Problems, Manuals, Specs, and Accessories
The Ultimate Westinghouse WGen7500DF 7500-Watt Dual Fuel Portable Generator Review
The Ultimate Westinghouse WGen9500DF 9500-Watt Dual Fuel Portable Generator Review
The Ultimate Westinghouse iGen2200 2200-Watt Gas Portable Inverter Generator Review
Westinghouse 9500-Watt Generator Review: WGen9500 vs WGen9500DF
Westinghouse Electric Company: Everything To Know About This Time-Tested Titan
Westinghouse iGen160s Portable Power Station: One Small Device to Charge Multiple Appliances
Westinghouse iGen4500 Inverter Generator Review: Versatile and Reliable
The Westinghouse iGen Generator Line: Everything You Should Know
Top Reasons Why A Westinghouse Inverter Generator Is A Great Investment
Thanks to its original design, incredibly powerful 4-stroke engine, durable outer shell, and automatically included safety features; the WGen7500 consistently ranks at the top of “best of” lists for portable generators.
Westinghouse generators are known for exceptional run times. Actual run times vary depending on the model you choose. The Westinghouse WGen7500 Inverter Generator can run for up to 11 hours on a 6.6-gallon fuel tank.
All Westinghouse generators come with their Westinghouse-brand engines. Designed by America’s leading engineers, these engines are all-purpose and house a 4-stroke, overhead valve petrol engine that complies with both Australian and the United States EPA emissions regulations.
The specific oil type depends on the model you choose. The WGen7500 uses unleaded gasoline that can be purchased at any service station or gas station. All Westinghouse generators are clean-running and do not require any oil to be added to the fuel (unlike 2 stroke engines).
Yes, letting a portable generator run out of gas is bad for both the appliance itself and those using it. The main problem is that letting your generator run out of gas can cause the coils to lose their magnetism — which could result in it being unable to restart.
Technically, yes. If you adhere to the care and maintenance instructions that accompany your generator, you can run it continuously. That said, if you are using an inverter generator continuously, switch to ECO-mode and always be sure to turn the generator off when you need to refuel.
Thanks to an enclosed engine, caring for your WGen7500 is easy. Simply wipe down the outer cover with warm water and soap, let it dry, and then cover with a protective waterproof covering. Then, you’re good to go.
While all Westinghouse generators are manufactured in facilities in China and Vietnam, each design is developed by the US’s leading engineers. Every overseas factory is overseen by Westinghouse (to ensure quality and safety control measures are in place and being adhered to).